Monday, October 27, 2008

Barack Obama: What He's Done for Me

I just watched the most amazing video of people stating why they are voting for Barack Obama. People from all walks of life, centered around one common theme - a belief that if we all join together, we can solve our country's greatest problems.

Senator Obama has inspired me in his ability to bring people together, to help us to believe in ourselves again, to think bigger and outside the box. I have always believed that he is a great leader whose goals for America are for her common purpose, and whose strength is uniting us around those goals.

Then I watched this video. And I realized the most important thing Senator Obama has done for me: he has restored my faith in the American people. Because of his campaign, and the honor in which he has waged it, I now know that I share a common goal with many more people, in America and around the world, than I could ever have realized on my own. So many people are coming together around a simple idea. We can fix our country, but it's going to take all of us - together.



My heart is very full. I am a very proud American.

"I'm asking you to believe. Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."
-Senator Barack Obama
www.barackobama.com

No comments: